Monday, July 27, 2009

OK. Now that things have settled down a bit.


Things are slowing down around here since Robert's surgery. So, where to start for an update. The picture is of Robert right after his surgery. He was still very sleepy.

Robert had his stitches out last Wednesday. The doc said he looks good. We have tentatively scheduled his cleft palette repair for November 10th. I have been told this surgery is worse then the lip. I'm not looking forward to that. It's going to require a 2 day stay at Fairfax Hospital. YUCK! I hate hospitals! But oh well.

We are had to "relearn" what Robert's cries mean. They sound so different since his surgery. I don't think we were prepared for that part. But I guess we should have been. It wasn't easy but it didn't take long. We just went back to the basics with each cry....diaper, no...hungry, no...you get the idea.

When we got home from the hospital Ronnie couldn't wait to see his brother's "new" look. He just kept smiling at him and looking at him and saying Hi. I am pretty sure it was going on for about 3 hours. It's way too cute.

I guess that's it for Robert's surgery.

We went camping this past weekend at Natural Bridge. Went to the Virginia Safari Park and loved every minute of it. Ronnie got to feed a giraffe, a llama, camel, and a bunch of other animals. It was great to see his big smile and hear his belly laugh the entire time we were driving thru the park. He didn't like the big birds...emu, ostrich and others like them. When they came to the truck he tried to roll the window up and kept saying "Dad, go." It was great. Robert slept thru most of the park. I am sure we will do it again in the future.

I will say that the last 2 weeks have been very busy but I wouldn't change it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment